Monday, November 27, 2017

Mt Kosciusko & Living with Intention

This past weekend, my cousins and I hiked Mt Kosciusko. This has been on my bucket list for a long time, and it didn't disappoint! It really was an amazing hike, with beautiful views and we were so lucky with the weather (the forecast predicated rain, but it didn't start raining until just when we finished the hike!) 

Now here I am, at work with Monday morning blues. It gets me thinking about how I can feel like two completely different people on the weekend than during the workweek. It's not like I don't feel like I'm being me, but it's like I'm compressed, limited and boxed in. 

Two days ago, my achievement was that for five minutes, I was at the 'highest' person in Australia. I was surrounded by snow and mountains, while simultaneously getting burnt crisp by the sun. We witnessed other people, old and young, reaching the top and breathing a sigh of exhaustion but wearing a smile that couldn't fade. We meditated, ate cheese sandwiches, laughed and groaned at the thought of the next few hours' trek back down. 

Today, I am walking a maximum of 2 metres to get to the copy machine, in a corporate dress that feels more like a disguise.

My final thought is this: I am going to actively pursue each decision in my life with intention. I want to make all moments in my life feel like I've just climbed a mountain. I want to feel excited and feel like I'm exactly where I want to be. I want to be fully immersed in the energy of being myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- See more at: http://www.exeideas.com/2013/08/increase-image-thumbnail-size-from-72px.html#sthash.dQsASIu1.dpuf